Sunday, November 4, 2012

Kreator- Phantom Antichrist

      Ok.  I tried again.  I am a huge thrash fan.  I have been one for 20 years.  I used to love Kreator and German thrash was my favorite.  It just seems they knew how to balance real musicality and mania!  I have not been impressed with the last few Kreator records but decided to give this a chance.  So let's begin!
      Oh Boy... where to begin?  Well, the first song shows some promise.  After that the whole thing just becomes way too melodic.  I mean I am not expecting Endless Pain 2, but a couple of these tracks sound like Gamma Ray songs.  And I love me some Gamma Ray, but, come on Kreator what gives?  Mille even sounds like Kai Hanson on  the 5th track...
      In the end, Kreator has been going down this path for a bit.  They seem to have been influenced by Slaughter of the Soul more and more each record.  This is not thrash anymore.  It is slightly aggressive power metal.  I just don't see it.  So this is a short one as I have nothing more to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment