Monday, October 13, 2014

Iron Void- Iron Void

I might as well just say it now... I think the better half of my "top releases of 2014" list is going to come from Barbarian Wrath and Witches Brew! But that was true in the past and I can't think of reason it should not be true in the present... On we plow!

Doom metal... hmmm... great traditional doom metal is hard to crystalize... Its a tight tope that many fail at and more modern bands fail more often... With notable exceptions like Reverend Bizarre, Lamp of Thoth and now Iron Void.  Iron Void has been around for a bit but put out little recorded material.  I don't know why that has happened but I seriously hope it ceases as this is some killer doom sliced off for ya!

The album starts sloooooowwwww(in the best way possible) with  opener Tyrant's Crown.  It pummels you through the heaviness of I Am War(personal favorite), The Mad Monk until Xylanthia.  Each track beats you down viciously with a fantastic low end that rattles the fillings in your teeth and the studs in your walls! Xylanthia turns the heaviness down a little with a stellar acoustic performance that stops the beating for a short time to give you relief at the end of the album! A great record from start to finish!

What I really like about this record is that, while it is very much a traditional drum album, it has the power and feeling of a great proto-metal album too.  It, like Lamp of Thoth, contains a timeless vibe that I believe will stand the test of time and make this record into a classic.  It already is in my book! There are no highlights as all the tracks are excellent and stand out on their own! Buy or die! Remember that all Barbarian Wrath records are distributed through Witches Brew so I've left links for both below!

Check 'em out:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Iron-Void/52516312832
https://www.facebook.com/BarbarianWrath666
http://www.witchesbrewthrashes.eu/

No comments:

Post a Comment