Sunday, May 31, 2015

Bulldozing Bastard- Under the Ram

See... I told you I was back...

2015 is shaping up to be a better year for metal than 2014 and that's saying something.  Lots of great stuff slated to come out and some of it already out.  This album is already going to be in my top ten!  Let's take a look...

Bulldozing Bastard burst into my life with 2013's Bulldozing the Vatican a satanic mix of Venom and Warfare.  I really enjoyed it and blared it all the time to the neighbor's chagrin.  While I absolutely loved it, I could see it as being described as one dimensional.  It definitely did a few things very well.

When I got a hold of the new one I did not expect the monster I got.  From the burning "Queen of the NIght" to the melodic sledge hammer of "Once the Dust has Settled", this record burns a whole through reality like the proverbial "Brassknuckle Deathstrike".  It is a true combo of NWOBHM me;ody and power and punk rock nihilism.  It cleans your clock from start to finish.  One thing that makes this album so distinctive is the use melody throughout giving it a slightly more rock n roll sound.

This is a record to grab a few beers, a few friends and burn down your neighbors' houses to.  Its the perfect soundtrack for a Mad Max film.  Actually it was oddly timed, releasing it just before the new movie.  Serendipity or planning? You decide.

Great record from start to finish that I have listened to at least 10 times since I got it.  All headbangers should totally check this record out! Highlights:  Mayhem Without Mercy, Brassknuckle Deathstrike, Once the Dust has Settled.


No comments:

Post a Comment