Saturday, December 29, 2012

Hellwell- Beyond the Boundaries of Sin

      Man, its been a while... Well, I never promised you consistency!  But I am going to post 3 reviews and a end of the year list so... :)

       So for whatever reason, I have been avoiding this release. Now, I have no idea why but its true.  Maybe its fear of disappointment.  Maybe it was because I heard there were keyboards on this thing and there can be such a thing as too much synth! Either way, I was so wrong!
       For those of you not in the know Hellwell is a side project from E.C. Hellwell and Mark "the Shark" Shelton of Manilla Road fame. It also contains a few other members as guests.  As I said I was fearful for some reason I cannot at this point explain.  But coming out of this I really like this record.  It combines Manilla Road's epic metal stylings with Deep Purple's use of organ.  You know how in Deep Purple sometimes the keyboards were what anchored the riffs and helped make it heavier... yeah, that's happening here in some songs too.  Every song on here is classic and powerful heavy metal.
      I honestly cannot think of standout tracks for this record.  Every track works together to create a cohesive whole in a way that great classic rock records do.  So all the tracks are not only essential but very amazing!  This record is a shoe- in for me for my top ten list.  I believe this record will be considered a metal classic and truly stand the test of time! Go and buy it now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment