Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Scissorfight- Chaos County

Wow! This is just the time for bands I love reappearing in one form or another... Let's get some young'uns in on this and make some damaging music!  Maybe... We'll see...

Scissorfight was a band I fell in love with in 1998 after reading an interview in Metal Maniacs, which had long since passed its prime by then.  But these guys were funny and, to be honest, they looked a little crazy, which was basically what I was and still look for in my music.  I picked the album at the time, "Balls Deep", and loved it! It was pounding drums, powerful bass, heavy as hell guitar lines and vocals that sounded like a mountain man coming after you for food.  It was awesome! And I followed them ever since until they broke up in 2006.

Then, magically, they reformed in 2016... I was breathless to hear what they had done.  They had new members and I admit I was concerned about what this would sound like...

Now this release is almost a year old so if you're a fan you know what this sounds like, but I have to say this ep is amazing!  The riffs are heavy and the song writing is awesome! The vocalist sounds like a yeti bellowing at you in rage.  Its a super heavy tour de force of a return.

I do agree with another review I read that said that this record gets more confident as it goes with the band sounding and feeling more confident by "Nature's Cruelest Mistake" and the excellent ender "Tit's up".  But this is a fantastic come back record and one of my favorites of last year... to the point where I still listen to it often nearly a year later.

Again no highlights, except the the two I already mentioned.  Hopefully we'll get a new full length soon.  The 'fight is really busy playing around so to paraphrase the first track, obviously "They Ain't Leavin'".

If you like balls out rock n roll, you need this ep... Go get it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment